1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The organizer is Silkroute International Pty Ltd (ACN 609 251 407) at 23 Milton Parade, Malvern, Victoria - 3144 (Contact Number (03) 8360 5203) (organizer).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 9.00pm (AEST) on September 1st 2016 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on Friday 16th October 2016 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open only to all residents of Australia 18 years old and over, as of the date of entry. This promotion is excluded from directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the organizer and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the organizer and its related bodies corporate (Eligible Entrants).
To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
(a) Purchase a Melbourne Shopping Festival Tickets online only through our ticketing hosting platform Eventbrite websote;
(b) Retain the receipt of ticket purchaser and ticket as proof of purchase; and then
(c) Complete the entry form at www.melbourneshoppingfestival.com.au by providing the following details:
(i.) First and last name;
(ii.) Email address and ;
5. The organizer is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
6. The number of entries is limited to one per entrant per purchase at (EVENTBRITE Purchase Only).
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the organizer.
8. The organizer reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the organizer to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. The winner will be notified on Tuesday October 27th 2016. The draw will be published on our soical media platform.
10. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The maximum total prize value is AU$5,000 (including GST) based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The organizer accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
(a) Two (2) return economy class tickets from any airlines in Australia to Las Vegas (Nevada), USA. Prize includes internal domestic flights only if required for winners to fly to closest airport to fly to Las Vegas (Nevada) and 20kgs of checked baggage per person.
(b.) 3 nights' accommodation in a 3-4 star hotel in Las Vegas, USA, as available at the time of booking on flight Hotels:
(c.) 1 hotel room will be booked for 2 passengers travelling as part of prize travel.
(d.) A AUD$1000 VISA prepaid travel card.
12. By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The organizer is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The organizer does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
13. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, and meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and companion. The organizer makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to airline's General Conditions of Carriage.
14. Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winners and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
15. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the organizer. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
16. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the organizer, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. The winners will be notified by email by Thursday 27 October 2016 and their names will be published on the organizer's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Msfsocial from 27 October 2016 for 28 days.
18. The organizer reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed as of 10.00am (AEST) Monday 5 December 2016 a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Tuesday 6 December 2016.
19. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the organizer and which prevents the organizer from complying with these terms and conditions, the organizer will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The organizer reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
20. The organizer, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
21. The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
(a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the organizer in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the organizer in the ordinary course of business; and
Airline's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; and
to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
22. Entry details remain the property of the organizer. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the organizer, unless the winner otherwise notifies the organizer at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the organizer using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to airlines and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the organizer's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at: http://www.melbourneshoppingfestival.com.au/melbourne-shopping-festival-Privacy-Policy.html
23. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the organizer and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the organizer, not Facebook.
24. At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php and other related policies.
25. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the organizer and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the organizer, not Instagram.
27. The organizer accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.